Souls of Justice LEMC

"a club by its' members and for its' members"

Forums (Message Boards)

Forum Home > General Discussion > AMERICADE 2010

Artie (CLUB MEMBER)

That time of year again folks, time to start thinking of attending the largest touring rally in the Country.  Last year many of us attended and had a great time with great friends. Last year though, we stayed in Saratoga Springs, and although it was a nice place it was 35 miles away from town and thereby eliminated us from some of the local attractions etc., especially at night. 35 miles was simply too far to ride on that Northway without overhead lights after being tired from the days events :(, it just wasn't the safest thing to do. Anyway, moving on to this year. One of our very own, Steve D., found a place that is only approximately 10 miles from town in Queensbury, this is of course is great and we thank him :). We are putting a list of attendess together and asking anyone interested to chime in here on the forum. For reservations;

the Souls will be Lodging at:

America's Best Inn & Suites

518-793-8891

24 Big BOOM Road, Queensbury , New York.

When  you call mention Steve's name so we can all be together in the

same location. Also if you have a Triple A or AArp card let

them know.

The Web Site Is Americas Best INNS glen

falls/Queensbury. There are rooms available NOW.

hope to have a good turnout.

In addition, if you are attending, please begin to consider which Events we'd like to register for at Americade, some suggestions are as follows;

*A La Carte registration (wristband and access to all areas-kind of necessary)

*Street Parking pass (again bought once we get there and kind of necessary)

*Free Fireworks, dessert, awards on Friday Night (did I mention free)

*3 course dinner Friday Night ( includes all you can eat, door prizes etc.)

*Geico Get up and go Breakfast (Cheap, good chow, puts you in town early Saturday)

*One of the many Mini-Tours on Friday

(the Vermont covered Bridges one looks interesting and includes a meal) or

one of the shorter ones.

Check everything out at;

http://tourexpo.com/data/index.php

We shouldn't wait too long to decide and register, there are discounts for doing so early

Attending so far;

1-Steve D.

2-Bob D.

3-George C.

4-Bob E.

5-Debbie

6-Artie H.

7-Frank A.

Pease let us know who else is interested or may be attending and your thoughts on events etc.

--

"a club by its' members for its' members"

now that's what I'm talking about.....

Artie

"Original Soul"

March 2, 2010 at 12:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Artie (CLUB MEMBER)

There has been a suggestion to possibly visit Lake Placid, there is a mini-tour that does that as well. I guess what we really need here is to start getting opinions from folks as to how much riding they'd like to do on  Friday. The Lake Placid mini-tour is about 200 miles round trip and the VT covered bridges is about 180, there are others as well that are shorter. I urge all of you to go to the TourExpo website (Americade) and check out the different mini-tours, we need some opinions soon, these will sell out, some faster than others. This is the big decision, after that the rest is easy and we can all begin to register. I know we rode ourselves un-guided last year and had a great time, but for the price of these, there will be no wrong turns, an easy pace, and a meal is included, kind of makes life easy at that point. Let us all know what you think.

--

Artie

"Original Soul"

March 3, 2010 at 5:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dale "SOJ" Member

im in, just booked my room in the same hotel.

--

RUNNING THINGS

SMOKED BY A HOG LATELY? 04 FATTY

March 8, 2010 at 10:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Artie (CLUB MEMBER)

Okay folks, its been a while since the last AMERICADE update, so far we have a decent showing and most of us have pre-registered for the events that we would like to participate in once we get there. The Souls is a great group and it would be great to have more of its members sharing in the AMERICADE experience, so let's go folks, who else is gonna jump in on this?, hotel info is here, don't worry about registration, it can be done up there, we had lots of inquiries and maybes, now lets see who else is going. Hope to see some more posts and attendees here in the forum. 

--

Artie

"Original Soul"

May 18, 2010 at 9:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Bobby D(CLUB MEMBER)

I'm ready to have a great time again. Just make sure you ahve a working camera Artie :D

Bobby D.

Original Soul

--

Good friends & Good times!

Bobby D.

Original Soul

May 18, 2010 at 6:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Artie (CLUB MEMBER)

I just bought a brand new one, made sure it was "shock proof" and "waterproof", (LOL) and fits in my vest. I simply cannot wait for this trip. How about that suggestion of going up on Wednesday to Frank's house in Ashland (Route 23 of NYS Thruway Exit 21) and hanging out, then leisurely riding into Lake George Thursday morning, last we spoke he was into it and has pleny of room. Might make for some real icing on the cake with the trip.

--

Artie

"Original Soul"

May 21, 2010 at 2:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bobby D(CLUB MEMBER)

I'm good with that lets see sho else is able to also

--

Bobby D.

Original Soul

May 22, 2010 at 12:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dale "SOJ" Member

whats up guys, do we have a meet place set up? time? departure? any updates? who is actually going?

--

RUNNING THINGS

June 4, 2010 at 8:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Artie (CLUB MEMBER)

We're looking at about 8:30-9 AM on Thursday morning, probably exit 56, then into the Cross Island pull-off by the marina to pick up the Nassau guys. Then up to meet up with our upstate member(s), location TBA. As sure as everything is sured up it will be sent and posted. Hope your colors are on and you're ready to represent. Will keep you posted.

--

Artie

"Original Soul"

June 4, 2010 at 12:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Artie (CLUB MEMBER)

We should probably look to meet at LIE Exit 56 Gulf at about 8-30AM KSU about 9 AM and then head into the Cross Island Marina to meet up with the Nassay guys at about 10. I will call Frank and find out the best place to pick him up on the way after that. As far as I know Suffolk should be Bob E,  me, and Dale, not sure if Bobby D is going east or west for the meet or we could maybe pick him up along the way as well, let's see what he wants.

--

Artie

"Original Soul"

June 8, 2010 at 8:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Paddy Murphy

Just want to say to all those brothers & sisters going to Americade..have a great time ride safe be carefull and God watch over you all till you get back safe! If in an emergency & you need dont hesitate im here!  Good luck..

June 8, 2010 at 9:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Paddy Murphy

Just want to say to all those brothers & sisters going to Americade..have a great time ride safe be carefull and God watch over you all till you get back safe! If in an emergency & you need dont hesitate im here!  Good luck..

June 8, 2010 at 9:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Bobby D(CLUB MEMBER)

Hey guys, i spoke with Bobby E and we figured id meet up at the park and ride off the Lie before rte 110.  then we could continue on the Lie to the marina. I'll be waiting there at 915. Looking forward to our yearly getaway. Till thursday my fellow Souls.

--

Bobby D.

Original Soul

June 8, 2010 at 4:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dale "SOJ" Member

Artie (CLUB MEMBER) at June 8, 2010 at 8:59 AM

We should probably look to meet at LIE Exit 56 Gulf at about 8-30AM KSU about 9 AM and then head into the Cross Island Marina to meet up with the Nassay guys at about 10. I will call Frank and find out the best place to pick him up on the way after that. As far as I know Suffolk should be Bob E,  me, and Dale, not sure if Bobby D is going east or west for the meet or we could maybe pick him up along the way as well, let's see what he wants.

ok so artie, myself and bobby e will meet at exit 56 between 8 and 830 then go on to meet up with bobby d at the park & ride just before route 110, do i have this right?

--

RUNNING THINGS

June 8, 2010 at 9:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bobby D(CLUB MEMBER)

sounds good to me see everyone on thursday then.

--

Bobby D.

Original Soul

June 8, 2010 at 11:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Artie (CLUB MEMBER)

just to reply, yes, 8-8:3 Exit 56- you ,me, Bob E. & Deb, and possibly 1 or 2 more, your buddy as well as another fella Steve D knows , picking up Bobby D on the way and will meet Steve D plus at the CIP Marina about 10. Then a quick stop at OCC Exit 17ish on the Thruway to pick up Frank A., then on our way. OCC should not be a problem this year, we will simply take the exit, you can see it from the thruway. No GPS this year! LOL! if all goes well, we should be up in plenty of time to complete registration and get parking stickers before they close up at the holiday inn. Might need to go into town first though before hotel but we'll play that part by ear. See everyone in the AM.

--

Artie

"Original Soul"

June 9, 2010 at 1:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dale "SOJ" Member

Paddy Murphy at June 8, 2010 at 9:50 AM

thank you, appreciate the thoughts and offerings.

--

RUNNING THINGS

June 9, 2010 at 8:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Randy Burgos (CLUB MEMBER)

Stay safe on your ride to Americade............. God Bless.....................

Randy

June 10, 2010 at 4:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bobby D(CLUB MEMBER)

Want to say thanks to my fellow Souls for a great time at Americade. We didnt stay completely dry on some days but what a blast. Nothing but good times and great laughs. Thank you all and look forward to sharing more fun.

--

Bobby D.

Original Soul

June 13, 2010 at 7:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Artie (CLUB MEMBER)

I'm asking for all pictures taken, if you have any please email me with them. If you know of one of the guests who took pics, try to get them to me as well. If I can compile everything, I can try to do another DVD for everyone.

--

Artie

"Original Soul"

June 14, 2010 at 9:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.